10 ways to increase your followers on Twitter
No one wants to have no Twitter followers, but how do you grow your followers? Here are some simple techniques to increase your followers on Twitter.
- Add a photo to your profile.
- Add a bio – include buzz words which will attract the right type of followers. What are you interested in?
- Tweet – if you don’t tweet anything – no one can find you! Use Hashtags # to make it easier for people to find your tweets.
- Tweet regularly (in less than 127 characters makes it easier for other people to retweet your tweets) – think of at least 3 things you can tweet about each day. Be careful not to appear spammy only tweet relevant interesting content that is the key.
- Re-tweet other people’s tweets. They are more likely to follow you.
- Create Twitter lists – if you look organised and are a font of knowledge or information, people will follow you.
- Get listed – think of a reason why people should list you. Your job, hobby, what sort of list should you be on? Is this clear from your bio? Your tweets?
- Have you integrated your social media profiles? Do your Facebook or LinkedIn friends know you are also on Twitter? Let them know.
- Add your Twitter ID or a link to your Twitter profile to your email signature, and your website.
- Be interesting, original and consistent. Don’t start and stop tweeting.
Do you have any other ways to increase your followers on Twitter?